Thursday 2 September 2010

Challenge 62 IN STITCHES

Hi everyone it's Brenda this week and Wow I can't believe it's my turn again to set and host the challenge, it's come around so quickly. But before we move onto this week's challenge, thankyou to everyone who took part last week. It was good to come and see your creations on your blogs and the entries were just fab. Just as we thought autumn was upon us the weather has take a turn for the better, long may it last.


So onto this week ..........



I haven't created a sketch for you, but I have set the theme as ...............

STITCHING (Real or Faux)

I used to sew alot when I was younger and made clothes for myself and my children as well as soft furnishings. But it has sat doing nothing for quite a long time, ......... until I found a use for it on my cards. Now it sits in the spare bedroom and I often pop in there to create some texture on a card I am in the process of making, even my husband said it was good to see it getting some use.


However I would like you to use any type of sewing, whether that be on the machine, by hand, rub-ons or using a pen. It doesn't matter so long as we can see some on your card or project.


Our sponsor this week is Digi Stamp Boutique who offer a range of simple and trendy digital image stamps for all your card-making projects. Simply download, print, colour and create!
There is immediate access - once purchased, your downloads will be available straight away at checkout, or under the 'My downloads' heading within your account."




They are offering a prize this week of 10 digis of your choice - yes can you believe it


TEN digis,


now that's really worth playing for isn't it?





The design team have come up with some wonderful examples for inspiration. Take a look at these and pop over to their blogs to see what else they have been doing. We are joined by our two week Guest Designer Kelli and this week by Clare C our Monthly Guest Designer. Thanks for your Cards.

Kelli





Lisa Jane





Shell





Hazel





Heidi







Brenda



Aren't these cards great? We are so looking forward to seeing what you come up with this week. Save your card to the link below and we will pop over to have a look and leave you a comment. I can't wait .........



Luv Brenda, Heidi, Hazel, Lisa and Shell xxxx




10 comments:

Edith said...

Great challenge and beautiful DT samples! I love cards with stitches! Thanks for your time visiting my card:)
Edith

Sheila said...

Fab DT work as usual! Sheila:)X

Leann said...

Beautiful DT cards - thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs x

Karen said...

Oh wow - some lovely cards girls!! I know I shouldn't have a favourite, but Brenda I just love what you have done with yours. I adore those papers & the way you've made it into a frame around the teddie. Very effective!

Well done girls - truly lovely all of them.xx

Aquarius said...

Might just have to have a go this week

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful DT creations!

Hugs
Maarit

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Gorgeous DT cards - enjoyed the challenge - my first with you!

Tina
X

Karen said...

Wow - entry no.66!! A very busy one this week, and I don't envy you all having to choose a winner from so many!!
Thank you so much for this week's challenge, it fitted so perfectly with what I wanted to make for my little boy, I couldn't have asked for a better challenge. :-)

Hope you don't get a headache looking at so many entries ladies!!
Big smiles.
xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Thanks for all the kind words Girls. Glad you all enjoy the challenge so much,
Hazel and The Design Team xox

Lynne Phelps said...

Fun challenge and what charming creations from the design team! Thanks Lisa Jane for telling me about this challenge!